OT: Win2k3 x64

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:41:44 -0800

So, I'm buying all new production server equipment (Dell is out, HP is in) and am mapping out services-to-server based on OS type. I'm looking at Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 to replace my current Win2k3 Server, Enterprise x32. I know Steve had some issues with compatability (such as with Exchange 2003 not running under x64), so I'm wondering what issues others have had when deploying x64 in a production environment. I know SQL 2005 will run under x64, but would just like some more field data to support my infrastructure planning.

Thanks.

-----
"I'll see your Llama and up you a Badger."
John T