OT: IPSec VPN Weirdness

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:27:56 -0200

Hello folks,

I was activating a VPN tunnel using those cheap-o's D-Link DI-808HV VPN
routers. Well, we have a customer that has five branch offices connected
to his HQ. When we were activating the 6th branch office VPN, everything
was accessible through the tunnel, except Terminal Services.

I could open shares located on the branch office, open a site hosted
there, but I simply can't connect using RDP in both ways, and only on
this tunnel. All other branch offices can use TS (since they all use
thin clients, imagine if they couldn't ;))

When I was about to go nuts, I did a network monitor capture on my TS
(I have three), and I saw that the packets that came from inside the VPN
got bad checksum. If I connect to the TS thru a publishing made on the
customers' external IP of his ISA server (located in the HQ), it was all
good. Internet access is also provided by the all-mighty DI-808HV.

The weirdest part is that all thin clients can connect to the ISA
server using RDP.

Is it possible that the VPN device is chewing up the RDP packets?!

Any thoughts on this would be great

Thanks!

Tiago de Aviz
SoftSell - Curitiba
(41) 3340-2363
www.softsell.com.br

Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, tem caráter confidencial e seu
conteúdo é restrito ao destinatário da mensagem. Caso você tenha
recebido esta mensagem por engano, queira por favor retorná-la ao
destinatário e apagá-la de seus arquivos. Qualquer uso não autorizado,
replicação ou disseminação desta mensagem ou parte dela é expressamente
proibido. A SoftSell não é responsável pelo conteúdo ou a veracidade
desta informação.