Re: OT: Criminal Spammers

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <rdzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:59:47 -0800

Personally I don't care it if is 6 words.  But I do know that SpamAssassin
has, even by conservative estimates (A research study reported on CNN stated
that each spam conservitively uses 10-30 seconds of an employees time),
saved over 1,600 labor-hours in the past year by identifiying the spam that
flows into our company.  So far in the month of October we have deleted
56,955 spam, and tagged another 33,061 as probable spam for a grand total of
90,016 spam emails into the company so far this month.  This is about 3x the
amount of spam we were getting in the first half of the year.  So if you
take the 90,000 spam x 15 seconds wasted per spam / 60 / 60 = 375
labor-hours in the month of October.  As a side note ..we had 54,500 "legit"
emails in the same period.