[OT?] NNTP Caching?

  • From: "Anthony Michaud" <anthonym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:57:28 +1000

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone was using a NNTP cache / proxy.  My requirements are
to connect to multiple NNTP sources, WITH authentication, and keeping each feed
separate.  In addition to this, it has to emulate a NNTP client, I can't use
standard feed configurations.

I've got a (horrible) kludge working at the moment with a linux box + innd + a
script for "feeding" the server.  Ideally I'll get something that will allow
the NNTP server (internal user facing) to be the exchange server via public
folders (accessible via Outlook or the NNTP reader of the users choice).

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Anthony.