RE: Moving a certificate from one server to another

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:15:44 -0600

Hi Rob,

If at the time you installed the certificate, you indicated that the
private key was exportable, then you can export the certificate. If you
did not indicate that the private key was exportable, you won't be able
to export a usable certificate.

However, you can easily generate another one with the same
subject/common name as the original if you run into the latter
situation.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.