[isalist] Re: Moving ISA 2004 to new hardware...

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:56:14 -0500

If you're talking about the tunnel port range extensions, those will be
included with the backup of the ISA Firewall configuration.

The HOSTS file, the Registry settings, and DHCP server are another
matter. Although I don't think its that difficult to install the DHCP
service and create scope and DHCP options, and you can copy the HOSTS
file to the new machine.

The major issue is the Registry settings. GOK's how many of them I've
applied, like enabling PMTU discovery, the setting that prevents auth
prompts for Firewall clients trying to get autodiscovery information,
and other things like changing the NetBIOS node type. If I were a better
man, I would document these things as I do them :))

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7