RE: MSN Phone

  • From: "Jeff Sloan" <jsloan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:50:58 -0700

The MSN messenger 5 is a completely different messenger from the one you
had previously, which was I assume Windows Messenger 4.7. That should
still be on your system, but they both cant run at the same time on the
same account. After installing the MSN messenger v5 on several systems,
and learning that it was not an update to the one I already had, I
un-installed it. The 4.7 was still there. See if you can stop MSN message
and start the windows messenger and log in, then see if the phone thing
works again.

I saw on winXPnews that the two were different, and the new one is not
what an enterprise would use.