L2tp VPN

  • From: "Jim" <jmay@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 20:57:08 -0600

Hi,
I have been working with certificates my problem is this.......when i try
to connect to the isa2004 vpn remote access server usint L2TP I get an
error message stating the security negoation failed. this happens on a non
domain member using web enrollment from a offsite computer. I suppect the
computer certificate is not proply installed??

When I use a laptop offsite which is autoenrolled in the certificate
program all works fine. I can use pptp with eap authtencation from the off
site machine non domain member computer.

My question is this how can I tell I have the right machine certificate
installed on the off site machine for L2TP log in??? All the auto enrolled
machine's have a computer certificate in the personal store in the format

machine name.domain_name.crt

Help if  you can how do I enroll a non domain member computer in the
machine cert program so I can get L2TP access???????????

Jim