RE: Keep dropping DSL connection with ISP

  • From: "Ardener, Darren (Lyn)" <Darren.Ardener@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:59:47 +0100

I would put this down to your DHCP lease trying to renew every 8 hours, and
fails due to a blocked port.

You can see when your IP is leased for by using the dos command IPCONFIG
/ALL

You will need to allow ports 67 and 68 to Access the internet, You will find
this filter already set up for you (DHCP Client|), but it will be disabled -
Enable this filter.