ISA's broadcasts...

  • From: Valsania Andrea <Andrea.Valsania@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAServerList (isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:55:59 +0100

 Hello to all,
        maybe a problem already solved, but I've noticed an incredible
behaviour of ISA.
Sniffing the traffic from ISA interfaces, I've found that it makes a NetBT
subnet broadcast in order to resolve IP address for any URL(FQDN) requested
by proxy clients!

The same behaviour with any ISA machine's interface, any  installation mode,
any hotfix or SP applied (ISA member server, configured 1st and 2nd WINS and
DNS servers addresses, redirecting requests to an upstream server).

I've first disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP, then only set ISA host as a P-node
resolver.

 Tanks in advance for any reply.

 Andrea Valsania
Aitek S.p.A.