ISA within ISA

  • From: "Lim, Arthus T." <alim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:23:08 +0800

I've created a workgroup separated from our domain for security reasons.
The workstations within the workgroup use 1 server that contains the
database, I want that server to act as proxy server and dhcp server at
the same time.

The server has 2 NICS one connected to the rest of the workstations
within the workgroup and the other one to our domain, so in effect the
server is not using any public IP and it is the only connection to our
domain.

Is this setup possible in ISA? If yes, how will I going to configure it?
In effect I'll be using a proxy server within a proxy server.  The
server uses win2k and SP4.

Also, allow me to ask you if dhcp server can be used in the said setup?
I'm having problem configuring the DHCP server.  I couldn't able to
start the DHCP server service.

Thank you and more power!