ISA stops publishing DNS

  • From: "Jay J. Mobley" <jmobley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:23:29 -0800

What gives!!

apparently my ISA SP1 server has decided that it it dosen't have to
forward DNS packets.
It stopped on Thursday and a reboot cured it. It has happend again
sometime over the weekend.
NetMon run on the DNS server would indicate that the DNS server  is
working properly , its just not recieveing requests from external
clients via the ISA server.

This was a problem I experienced PRE SP1 and patched successfully.

Also it should be noted that my DNS server has begun reporting  EVENT ID
5504:

DNS Server encountered invalid domain name in packet from <IP address>.
Packet is rejected.

any ideas are welcome

-Jay Mobley