RE: ISA settings for FTP and timeservice and eMule throughout the domain

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:39:49 -0400

Hi Mario

Just create 2 rules, and on action.

Rule number 1, allow all outbound.

Rule number 2, allow all inbound.

Action...resign

Very easy to do.

From: mcp-mario [mailto:mjakarel@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 4:44 AM
To: ISA Mailing List
Subject: [isalist] ISA settings for FTP and timeservice and eMule
throughout the domain

http://www.ISAserver.org

Following my current configuration with ISA.

Ethernet modem with npat is connected to ISA 2000 machine with 2 Lan
nic's.
Server is a standalone member server on the private AD domain and has
default RAS config with NAT, so all machines connect to the internet
through the ISA server only.
There are 3 servers in the domain, all configured with the sw connection
tool for ISA.
All other pc's have the transparant connection to the internet.

eMule works just fine, accept the fact that there is only an low ID, due
to the fact of the firewall and/or proxy.
Question: How do I correct that?
Both the time and the FTP service are available on the ISA server only.
I'd granted the time service to connect to the DC for time synchro only.
The DC cannot get connections with the time service.
Question: How do I correct that?
Accept from the ISA server, no other machine can connect to the FTP
Question: How do I correct that?

Best regards

mcp-mario