RE: ISA server cannot connect to Internet

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:20:33 -0500

Hi Glenn,

I think where I was misinterpreting things was that I thought you
mentioned controlling by IP address when TS is listening on the INTERNAL
interface. When you create a packet filter on the external interface, or
even when you create a Server Publishing Rule that allows inbound
access, you can control the source IP address that connects, and that is
a good security policy, since it deals with dictionary, brute force, and
other unplesant attacks :-)

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder