RE: ISA server and Exchange

  • From: "Walkowiak, Matt" <Matt.Walkowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:55:21 -0500

One thing you need to keep in mind with ISA server is that it is a
firewall, and will only allow the connections that YOU tell it to allow.
I suspect that the HTTP and HTTPS rules you have setup are for people to
talk directly TO the ISA server.  Thy this: Logon to the ISA server and
see if you can surf to an SSL site.  Then remove your HTTPS rule.  It
should break, but normal HTTP should work.
For the outgoing mail, did you setup a rule to allow SMTP outbound?

To allow your USERS to have access to protocols other than 80, you will
need to give them access.  Unfortunately, I have not used ISA server in
a while and cannot tell you where to look (sorry...) but I think it is
in some place related to NAT - Well, im not sure...  but I hope the
first paragraph will help you find what you need.

Matt