ISA authenticating for sites, outlook issues

  • From: "Howard Rhoads" <HRhoads@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:08:12 -0700

Hi all,

  I have a few questions. I am running ISA on Win2K Server, T1 connection,
Win2K firewall client running Office XP.

  First: For web sites that are not in a user's destination set, ISA asks
for authentication (but not for sites they're allowed to visit which is
ok). Is there a way to have ISA just go to a default html page for sites
that a user's not allowed to go onto instead of the "logon" popup?

  Second: I am having problems with Outlook connecting to our third party
POP3 email server. Any suggestions as to what to look at that I may be
doing wrong?

  Third: AOL Instant Messenger.... At one point it at least connected to
their server (even though it kept booting me off and online at various
times), but after making some changes to packet filters and protocol rules
since but I cannot get it to connect.

  Fourth: FTP connections... Anything special that needs to be done so a
client can connect to an external ftp server?

  Other than these issues I have no problems with internet connectivity or
ISA.

 Any thoughts/help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Howard Rhoads