ISA VPN behind PIX

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:39:20 -0700

Hi there

I know I know, setting up a VPN should be like falling out of a tree....
but I did and now it hurts!!!! I think my problem may be that I've got a
PIX firewall in front of my ISA.

I have opened TCP and UDP 1723 on my PIX Firewall, and run the VPN Vlient
cConnection wizard on my ISA Server, but when I try and establsh a VPN
Connection I can establish connection quite quickly but it just times out
on the "Verifying Username & Password..." prompt with the error:
Disconnected.
Error 721: The remote computer did not respond.

Does anyone know if I need to open any other special ports on the PIX
Firewall (Maybe something like GRE? But what is GRE's Port Number?)

Any other ideas you may have regarding the possible connection failure
would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
William R.