ISA DSN and SBS

  • From: "William England" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:39:44 +0200

Hi all

Sorry to bother you on this, but at last setup  a test area for this.

Site A = 1 machine 2Nics 1 public IP on external NIC

SBS2003, ISA 2000, AD, DNS for AD and 3 public domains and 1 WWW site.

Site B = 2 machines

Machine1 ->  Windows 2000 Server, ISA 2000, AD, DNS for AD and 3 public
domains 2 WWW sites, 1 public IP

Site A must be primary for its domains and secondary for site B domains
(and obviously AD)

Site B must be primary for its domains and secondary for site A domains
(and obviously AD)

Have 4 packets filters and publishing rules for DNS. DNS listens only to
internal IP

With DNS publishing rules disabled cannot get to www or receive emails.
With them enabled I get to www and my emails but cannot do zone transfer
as I  get  ISS Event ID 20009 DNS Zone Transfer from high ports detected
fromIP:11997 to IP:53

Am I correct that I will need to remove the publishing rules (as Jim
said earlier) BUT also get DNS to listen on the public IP? Is so how
will this effect my AD domain ?

I know I should have a DMZ :-)

Please advise

Regards