RE: ISA Blocking AD?

  • From: Chris Lawless <ChrisL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:21:48 -0400

The DC is running IIS, DNS and WINS, it's first DNS points to the ISA

The ISA has the DC as its DNS on the internal network, and ISP one on the
external.

The EXCHANGE server has the DC as its DNS and WINS, I also added the DC to
the HOSTS file but no luck.

The strange thing is that the EXCHANGE server joined the domain fine, never
complained at all. I can also use the AD tools installed by Exchange to
browse the AD but it is disjointed - a search/find locates users but they
aren't there by default. I even tried adding Netbeuie with no luck.

Starting to think it's just easy to blame ISA but maybe I need to just do
some reading on DNS, WINS and AD, ever since sewitcing to AD we seem to have
browsing issues. :o(

Anyone know any good tutorials...?!

Chris.