ISA 2004 Smtp and pop3 - unrecognised

  • From: "andy fairley" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:42:48 +0100

Dear list,

I've successfully installed ISA 2004 on a test network (home) using the edge
template and "unrestricted access".  Browsing works fine but I can't get
Outlook or Outlook express to connect to remote mail servers from the two XP
clients, though I can connect from outlook on another server. Looking at the
logs the pop3 packets are dropped as unrecognised IP traffic port 8080 when
sent from the XP clients but accepted as pop3 port 110 when sent from the
server! What is going on? I've tried using the firewall client but it
doesn't change things.

Many thanks

Andy Fairley