ISA 2004 Setup / Install failed

  • From: "Peter Singer" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:00:54 -0700

Hi All

I am trying to upgrade an ISA 2000 (Standard) to ISA 2004 (Standard) the
upgrade / Setup process goes fine until the screeN reads it is installing
filters at that time the installation failes and backes out of the
install.

I have tried;
1. removing the ISA 2000 and doing a fresh install
2. upgrading a default isa 2000 install
3. shutting down all processes excluding the basics needed to run

The server is a 2003 Server, it is a domain controller and runs DNS, DHCP,
Terminal Services and a mail server. Although this configuration is not
the optimal, it has worked very well under isa 2000. I have had to remain
with 2000 as the upgrade continues to fail.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
Peter