ISA 2004 Issues

  • From: "Darryl Janetzki" <darrylj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 00:50:22 +1000

I have had a look ISA 2004  It is quite quick to accomplish most
tasks... The Video conferencing with MSN worked  by default  ...as  did
the NetPhone  quite amazing..

Just a few problems

Creating Packet filters ... seems to have lost some functionality   or I
could discover the "secret"  (FTP filters in particular and for
Antivirus ...)

Issues with protocol rules   I could not get RDP and CITRIX to work
reliably from SNAT or Fwall client  OK on ISA console ( I experienced
one site that would work and another failed...in the past it was always
protocol rules causing the problem )

DENIED sites  did not work not was there was no "redirect URL"
feature... It was Ok for denying content. Also creating a "denied Port"
rule did not appear easy to accomplish

Configuring the SMTP relay... I gave up and published the exchange
server and it worked in a flash. Publishing the SMTP server on the ISA
server did not work for me

One last thing.... Why does my Citrix client keep flashing up on the
screen every 30 seconds or so after failing to connect to the site....
Eventually it died ...just before I was going to imitate that "office
rage video"

Other than the changes in interface it was very easy to get started and
explore the features. The template wizard .... That was a powerful
tool.. Configuration issues with multiple LAN interfaces dispatched in a
flash.

Next task is securely publishing a WLAN in the third interface .... Has
anyone got the good oil on that?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Darryl Janetzki