ICP and ISA

  • From: "DaveW" <isa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:18:56 -0000

Hi All,

I'd be grateful for any clarification on the following: -

I have a dual homed ISA server installed in integrated mode which I
now need to consider using, for caching purposes, as being downstream
to a very large WAN-based caching server complex (I understand it to
use ICP).

Can this be done?  If so, what do I need to do?

If I have too, I would cease the caching function of my ISA server and
organise things to use the VL Cache ICP driven distributed cache
service on the WAN - however, I don't know how to.

This stuff is all political so don't look for good sense or logic in
my statement of problem.

Me? - I'd like to keep my caching as local to my LAN users as is
possible.

Can I use, say, active caching with ISA to take feeds from the
upstream ICP based VL Cache arrangements?

Thanks in advance for any input on the above.

DaveW