Re: Howto make ISA server a VPN client

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 10:43:10 -0600

Hi Mark,

You're welcome for the flowers ;-)

ISA Server does not apply firewall policy to any VPN links. These
include inbound VPN client connections, VPN gateway connections, and
outbound PPTP connections from internal network clients to external VPN
servers. So, if you want to establish a VPN connection from your
internal SMTP server to your ISP, the ISA Server won't get in the way,
as long as you're using PPTP.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder