How to publish Exchange server and Lotus Domino behind ISA

  • From: "Muqeemuddin Syed" <muqeems@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:42:42 +0300

 Hi All,

We have ISA server and have already one exchange server behind it, it is
set to receive E_mails for one domain.

We now have another partnet company that is co-located on the same
premises and we would like to share the internet bandwidth for incoming
mails, they are going to be using a Lotus Domino server.

We have 8 IP addresses available between us, one is used for the router
inside interface, second IP address is for the external interface of the
ISA, and this is the IP address also being used for all outgoing web
traffic, and also the static NAT for the exchange server.

Can I add one of the free global IP address to the external interface of
the ISA server, and then assign it to be used for the Lotus Domino
server for the partner company.

For example...

Router inside interface is connected to a small switch, we also have the
ISa external interface on the same switch. They are using say,
211.243.232.9 (Router) and 211.243.232.10 (ISA).

The ISA is configured to point 211.243.232.10 to the exchange server's
internal Private IP address.

We have 4 more ip addresses that we can use on this subnet, say for
instance 211.243.232.11 -> 211.243.232.14.

My question is, for us to be able to add and use an additional domino
mail server behind the ISA, can I add the other IP addresses on the
external interface and then bind one of the external IP to the internal
IP of the lotus domino mail server...??

Pleas help