RE: How to configure FTP Server to work behind a Firewa ll?

  • From: Logan Ramirez <LoganRamirez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:07:17 -0600

Rama,

I published an FTP server with setting up a PROTOCOL RULE to allow FTP.
Then published the FTP server with a Server Publishing Rule mapping the
internal IP address of the FTP server to the External ISA IP address with
the FTP Server protocol.  Make sure the protocol rule is enabled and the FTP
application filter is enabled.  Restart the services.
Then, and the most important for me, was to initiate the request to the FTP
server by calling the external IP address of the ISA.

That is, if your FTP server is 192.168.15.46 and you map that to your ISA at
198.63.201.7, then you FTP open to 198.63.201.7

Hope this helps.

Logan