RE: How good is ISA's VPN compared with Shirva's VPN

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 17:57:38 -0500

Hi David,

If you use L2TP/IPSec tunneling, I don't think you'll find a stronger
VPN security solution, whether is MS's implementation or any other. And
don't discount PPTP v2 that is included with Win2k. No one has
compromised it; PPTP v1 got a black eye, but v2 is cool, just not
entirely interoperable like L2TP/IPSec.

HTH,
Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder