Hosting woes.

  • From: "Ducky" <educky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:52:54 -0800

I have quite possibly a newbie question... I went rummaging through the FAQs
and the closest one I could find didnt clearly answer my question. Here's my
situation...

Currently I have DSL, and have static IP's, with 1 being my router/gateway..
Well I'm REALLY unsecure right now and need to tighten this down, so I was
thinking of using ISA server. Here's the problem... Like buying an off the
counter HW firewall/router..running a ISA server may not work... I am
hosting a few sites.. each with their own IP, soo IF I made a internal
network for all my client machines, and my webservers... with internal IP's,
the outside wouldnt see them, I am thinking of putting a 2nd NIC in the ISA
server and figguring how to bridge the connections... thats 1 problem, the
2nd is how would I route the requests in? if im hosting several websites how
does that work, Im sure if I was hosting 1 site... it would be easy to have
the firewall hand the port 80 request over to my server, but I have several
sites... how can I do this?

TIA

Adam