Re: Home Configuration - SNAT Access

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:18:23 -0700

Look in either the FWEXT or the WEBEXT log for outbound traffic results.
if LAN-based requests are showing in the IPEXT log, then you have one or more
problems like:
1 - your internal and external interfaces share a common network device
2 - your internal and external interfaces share a common subnet
3 - your ISA is configured "backwards"; i.e., the LAT is external and vice-versa

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:31:09 +0100 (BST)
 BEN SNELL <bensnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi

I have set ISA up for my home network. I can access the web using the Firewall
client but have some devices that are SNAT clients.

I have set up the DNS Server on the ISA box to forward requests to my ISP's
DNS. I can try to ping - and I can see that the name resolution is correctly
working.

However when I try to access the web then I am getting access refused in the
IPEXT log. What do I have to do to allow access?

Thanks

Ben