Re: GFI Realtime Monitor URL

  • From: "David Farinic" <davidf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:14:03 +0200

Hi,

If Real Time monitor gets a request from http://monitor.isa, by default
it allows anybody to see monitor status. If customer configured
displaying context of monitor only to members of administrators group
(Configuration of RTM can be retrieved by double clicking on Real time
monitor  filter in ISA MMC configuration-> Proxy extensions)
then it checks if the user is authenticated.
If not, it passes the request to ISA server for authentication. When RTM
gets user's SID, RTM checks if this SID is part of ADMINISTRATORs group.
Since RTM uses universal SID checking, the administrators groups can be
named differently in different.

If a is not an administrator,  RTM sends an error message html page
(defined in file named deniedmsg.html in ISA directory) to the user's
browser.

Regards.