Full version purchase

  • From: "Kenneth Schild" <kschild@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:53:30 -0700

I have a major problem, that is I just got an e-mail from PC Connection
and basically ISA will now coast me over $1400.00 When I started using the
120 day trial I knew it was around $800.00 and I budgeted for that amount.
I?m just using ISA in my home with three computers one DC and two work
stations. I have purchased two great books. One by Shinder and the other
by Curt Simmons, I?m a correctional officer and trying to study networking
so when I retire maybe I can find some extra income. I have NT4 back
office then I upgraded to W2K and installed ISA. I guess my question is is
there any way that I can make the upgrade version to work on my machine.
The part number I got was E84-00212 for the upgrade and E84-00001 for the
full version. ANY help would be appreciated.

Ken Schild

Tom Lawless
> Corporate Account Manager
> IT Solutions For Business
> tlawless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  Phone 800-800-0014 X76271
>  Fax 603-683-0502
> http://www.pcconnection.com

If you own Proxy Server, that is not part of BackOffice Server, you CAN
NOT buy ISA Server UpgAdv.  It must be a part of BackOffice Server to
qualify.

Ok, we figured this out. If you have Backoffice, you can use upg adv as
long as the proxy was part of Backoffice. If you have Proxy as a
stand alone you cannot. This is from the most current product list. The
last paragraph sums it up! Hope this helps you! Thank you!

        Customers with a license for BackOffice Server 2000 are eligible to
enroll in Internet Security and Acceleration Server Software Assurance, on
up to four processors, until July 31, 2002.
Customers with a license for BackOffice Server enrolled in Upgrade
Advantage are eligible to enroll in Internet Security and Acceleration
Server Software Assurance, on up to four processors, within the required
timeframe as defined in the General Product Condition Notes.
        Customers who have acquired a license for the Small Business Server 2000
Migration Pack through the retail channel are eligible to enroll in
Internet Security and Acceleration Server Software Assurance within the
required timeframe as defined in the General Product Condition Notes.
Internet Security and Acceleration Server Upgrade Advantage 1 Processor
License Eligibility Volume License customers with a license for BackOffice
Server 2000 or BackOffice Server 4.5 are eligible to acquire Internet