Re: Firewall client problem

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 06:34:58 -0700

Hi Osman,

Is your internal DNS not capable of external resolution?
If not, then
    1. Open the ISA MMC and drill down to "Client Configuration"
    2. Open "Firewall Client" and select the "Application Settings" tab.
    3. Click "New" and
        1. enter "Common Configuration" in the "Application" field (no
quotes)
        2. select "Name Resolution" in the "Key" dropdown list
        3. select "L" in the "Value" dropdown list
        4. click "Apply" and "OK"
You'll have to "refresh" each FW client  to see the changes take effect.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the books!