RE: Firewall Client & Default Gateway

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:28:01 -0500

Hi Rob,

Since I wrote it, I'll tell you my reasoning:

1. Because users can access ICMP and PPTP (if you have enable PPTP
passthrough) without authenticating because the secret filters that
allow outbound access to these connections do not support user/group
authentication, and that's no entirely secure, and packet filters can't
control outbound access from LAT hosts.

2. Assign yourselves a default gateway, then you can access these
protocols.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder