FWClient installation on Win98 Machines

  • From: "Mario Videira" <videira@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:35:12 -0000

Hi All,

Sorry my english. I have a lot of win98 clients in my network.

When i install o FW Client (Microsoft Firewall Client Version 3.0) in any Win98
Client in my network, i have two situation:

- After installation i have my Win98 Client Configured to use Isa Server. When
i try to run Internet Explorer my Isa Server is inaccessible, i.e., FW Client
is disable. Then, i click on FW Client Icon on task bar and i have FW Client
Options. So, i enable Automatically detect ISA Server Option. With that, i am
in second situation, that i explain below.

- Firewall Client Icon on Task Bar replays that Isa Server could not be
detected, and i can navigate for all web sites although are configured to deny
in Isa Server  Site and Content  Rules.

Any idea? How can i solve this problem?

Thank You
Mario  Videira