RE: FW: Re: w32tm

  • From: "Greg Foulks" <greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:50:32 -0400

David,
I'm trying to get my DC to sync to an external time server so the rest of my
workstations can sync to with the DC.

I have a packet filter setup to send/receive local ports all and remote port
123 IP protocol UDP

When I run w32tm -v -once this is it's output. (BTW- it works fine on the
ISA server)

As you can see the DC is not able to connect----

W32Time: BEGIN:InitAdjIncr
W32Time:    Adj 156254 , Incr 156250  fAdjust 0
W32Time:    156254 Adj!=Incr 156250
W32Time: END:Line 2473
W32Time: BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
W32Time: END  Line 1384
W32Time: TimeMMInit()
W32Time: Kernel timer : using default maximum resolution
W32Time:                MaximumTime = 156250
W32Time:                CurrentTime = 156250
W32Time: Timer calibrated, looped 1 times
W32Time: BEGIN:InitTmCfg
W32Time: END:Line 752
W32Time: BEGIN:InitTmCli
W32Time: END:Line 2566
W32Time: BEGIN:InitTmData
W32Time: END:Line 2588
W32Time: AvoidTimeSyncOnWan 0
W32Time: Using sticky Adj 156254
W32Time: ntpserver - tick.usno.navy.mil
W32Time: BEGIN:CMOSSynchSet
W32Time:    Setting adjustment 156254 - Bool  0
W32Time:    BEGIN:SetTSTimeRes
W32Time:    END:Line 1272
W32Time: END:Line 841
W32Time: BEGIN:InitializeDC
W32Time:    BEGIN:GetRole
W32Time:       Role is 'PDC'
W32Time:    END  Line 670
W32Time:    BEGIN:FetchParentDomainName
W32Time:       NetLogonGetTimeServiceParentDomain() returned 54b with ptr 0
W32Time:    END:Line 780
W32Time: END:Line 702
W32Time: Server: Binding to 5 NICs.
W32Time: Advertising that I'm a Time Service Provider
W32Time: timeBeginPeriod: setting resolution 9
W32Time: BEGIN:TimeSync
W32Time:    BEGIN:FGetType
W32Time:    END  Line 252
W32Time:    BEGIN:FDoTimeNTPType
W32Time:       BEGIN:ChooseNTPServer
W32Time:       END  Line 2150
W32Time:       BEGIN:GetSocketForSynch
W32Time:          NTP: ntpptrs[0] - TICK.USNO.NAVY.MIL
W32Time:          rgbNTPServer TICK.USNO.NAVY.MIL
W32Time:          BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
W32Time:          END  Line 1384
W32Time:          NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
W32Time:          BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
W32Time:          END  Line 1384
W32Time:          NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
W32Time:          BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
W32Time:          END  Line 1384
W32Time:          NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
W32Time:          BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
W32Time:          END  Line 1384
W32Time:          NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
W32Time:          BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
W32Time:          END  Line 1384
W32Time:          NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
W32Time:          Port Pinging to - 123
W32Time:          Connecting to "TICK.USNO.NAVY.MIL" (192.5.41.40)
W32Time:       END:Line 1147
W32Time:       BEGIN:GetDefaultRid
W32Time:       END  Line 2329
W32Time:       BEGIN:ComputeDelay
W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- init
W32Time:          END  Line 1660
W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- try
W32Time:             BEGIN:ComputeInterval
W32Time:             END  Line 2449
W32Time:             Sending to server  48 bytes...
W32Time:             NTP: didn't receive datagram
W32Time:          END  Line 1923
W32Time:          Time source failed to produce usable timestamp.
W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- fail
W32Time:          END  Line 1660
W32Time:          Time Out occured in sockets
W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- try
W32Time:             BEGIN:ComputeInterval
W32Time:             END  Line 2449
W32Time:             Sending to server  48 bytes...
W32Time:             NTP: didn't receive datagram
W32Time:          END  Line 1923
W32Time:          Time source failed to produce usable timestamp.
W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- fail
W32Time:          END  Line 1660
W32Time:          Time Out occured in sockets
W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- try
W32Time:             BEGIN:ComputeInterval
W32Time:             END  Line 2449
W32Time:             Sending to server  48 bytes...
W32Time:             NTP: didn't receive datagram
W32Time:          END  Line 1921
W32Time:          Time source failed to produce usable timestamp.
W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- fail
W32Time:          END  Line 1660
W32Time:       END  Line 1473
W32Time:    END  Line 366
W32Time:    BEGIN:ComputePostTimeData
W32Time:       BEGIN:ComputeInterval
W32Time:       END  Line 2449
W32Time:       BEGIN:ComputeSleepStuff
W32Time:          Computed stagger is 0ms, bias is 0ms
W32Time:          Time until next sync - 2699.960s
W32Time:       END:Line 793
W32Time:    END:Line 219
W32Time: END:Line 194
W32Time: BEGIN:TermTime
W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
W32Time:    TimeMMCleanup()
W32Time:    BEGIN:FinishCleanup
W32Time:       BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
W32Time:       END  Line 1384
W32Time:       Inform NetLogon That you are not a TS Provider
W32Time:       BEGIN:UnInitializeDC
W32Time:          Ptrs 0 - 0
W32Time:       END:Line 725
W32Time:       Time service stopped.