FW: RE: Help Needed

  • From: "Greg Mulholland2" <duke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:27:40 +1100

Regarding my earlier problem, sending mail(below)

My mail wont send via an external mail server. I get blocked icmp
packets from my firewall on port 25 from the server.

I have tried to allow smtp outbund to this box as well as all remote
computers, doesn't seem to work. I have also allowed every different
type of icmp packet in and out with the previous config and no dice.

It must be said that I am doing this via a 'packet filter' and yes I am
allowing it, not denying it.

Assuming this is the correct method (as I am new, I would GUESS it is)
it either doesn't work for me or I am a complete spastic which is
probably true in any case, :)

Is this the correct way to do it. Could there be an other way. Im stuck

Greg