RE: FTP whit explorer an other username and password

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 07:19:25 -0800

Browsers generally make poor FTP clients when they have to use a web
proxy to get there.

Web proxies cannot "prompt" for authentication from FTP sites.
You have to enter the URL as ftp://username:password@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
http://isatools.org