FTP out from the ISA server failing

  • From: pnoble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:14:36 -0000

Hi people,

The ISA2004 server here needs to be able to update its cyblock database file
via ftp (to ftp.wavecrest.net).

Currently our ftp out rule in isa is to allow access to ftp from internal
and local host to anything external and from the privilaged user group I've
setup, of which the server user and myself are members.

If I try to access the ftp via my workstation using either of the privilaged
accounts it works fine, but if I try to access it from the isa server itself
I get a response that the host is unreachable.

If I change the privilaged users to All users then the ftp fromt eh isa
server succeeds.

I'm at a bit of a loss here, I have a feeling its something very obvious
that I'm missing but would really appreciate any help that could be offered
to solve this one.

Cheers for any help.

Paul @ Reflections