Exe restrictions

  • From: Paul Noble <pnoble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:06:04 +0100

Allo again.

I'm looking at the http policy settings and the firewall client application
settings, I've read the information in Toms book in chapter 7 and 10
concerning setting up specific filters to block certain programs from
connecting, but is there a way to put in a default block all programs and
explicitly allow only certain registered programs?

I'm thinking, denying all web browsers other than iexplore.exe and adding
the specific programs we use that I see in the sessions and logging
sections, along with allowing the specific programs we use (we 'should' only
really use about 5 programs that access the internet for any reason)

Is this possible and a recommended way of default blocking everything that
tries to tunnel thru http among other things?

Paul.