DHCP client, fails to renew lease

  • From: "Brian" <Bjeppesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:32:41 -0700

We have an ISA box that is a DHCP client of an ISP. When initialized, we
are able to retain a lease via none of the firewall services are
started. Upon expiration and during previous failed renewal attempts, no
communication can be made with the external DHCP server.  We tried to
replicate the tutorial on isaserver.org as best we could, but it seems
as if the cable modem is internal, not external like ours. Hence we
can't follow all the config steps, ie reg hack etc.

We have the DHCP packet filter enabled, have changed it to apply to
default external IP and moved the dhcp server address to any external
server. Still no luck.  Can anybody please help who has had the same
configuration issues and has solved them?

Thanks in advance

Brian Jeppesen
Consultant
602.820.5305