Re: Creating users on the ISA for authentication-- access permissions???

  • From: "Amit Bhasin" <abhasin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:35:44 +0530

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I have been able to add the users of the domain to the
ISA Server as ISA is a part of the domain.

I have another query regarding access permissions for new users. I have a java
application that uses an HttpClient to connect to a webserver (Jetty in my
case) through the MS ISA Proxy. I have enabled Basic and Digest authentication
on the ISA server.
My client application takes a username and password to get authenticated on the
proxy. Now if I conect using the name "Administrator"(which is the username for
the administrator on the Win2K server where ISA is running) things work fine
and the user is authenticated.
But when I create a new user say "ferrari" with some password on the Win2K
server machine and add this user to the ISA users list, my client application
is not able to connect to the proxy with this username though I have given
permissions to all users to send any request on the ISA Proxy. I get a
ProxyAuthorization failure through my HttpClient.

Can anybody help in this case regarding the kind of permissions that might have
to be set for the new user to get things working?

Thanks in advance
AmitB