Re: Creating rules for HTTPS: sites

  • From: "Iain Peirse" <Iain.Peirse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:56:57 -0600

Ok,
I have created a very simple setup to see whats going on:

I'm not using client sets (any client).
I'm not setting a schedule (at any time).
I've got a single Protocol rule allowing all (all IP traffic).
I have one destination set with the following:
  web.mail.demon.net
  web.mail.demon.net/*

The web.mail.demon.net server will accept connection in either http: or
https: (give it a try)

When I plug:
http://web.mail.demon.net
Into a browser I get the page.

When I plug:
https://web.mail.demon.net
Into a browser I get a blank page with 'The page cannot be displayed' in
the title bar (like the page title of the 'isa server has denied...' page)

its annoying me now... :-S

Iain.