Creating a custom HTTP protocol

  • From: "Rob Moore" <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:17:34 -0500

Hello all--

I'm trying to allow traffic to a particular website that's getting
blocked by the HTTP filter. To do this, sometime ago I got advice on
this list to "create a custom HTTP protocol def, and not bind it to the
Web Proxy filter, then make sure that allows access only to the site
that uses that protocol." I've tried doing that with no luck. I'm
assuming I've not done it correctly. These are the steps I've taken:
1. Created a user-defined protocol (HTTP Staples) for outbound traffic
on Port 80.
2. Did not check the Web Proxy application filter for this protocol (I
have a feeling this is my error).
3. Created a URL set for the website (http://www.staples.com/*).
4. Created an access rule above the regular "access to external network"
rule, that uses the custom protocol, and allows traffic from All
Protected Networks to the Staples URL set for all users.

It doesn't work. I still get the same error, "Blocked by the HTTP
security filter: the response content is encoded and cannot be scanned".
Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Moore