Creating a PPPoE Server

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:00:54 -0500

Hey everyone,

I've wondered from time to time how I might be able to test all the
dreaded PPPoE problems people seem to experience without having to move
to a part of the State that offers PPPoE DSL connections. I think I may
have figured something out. I'll be giving it a try next week. The next
trick will be to see if after connecting to the virtual PPPoE server if
I'll be able to set the default gateway on the machine so that it will
route to the Internet via a "real" ISA firewall.

PPPoE Testbed: http://www.nat32.com/htm/testbed.htm

HTH,