"Converting" ISA2000 to "Proxy Mode"

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 07:59:14 +0200

Hi there

We are undergoing a 2-phase design change, and phase 1 requires that I no
longer make use of ISA2000 as a firewall, but rather as a mere internet
proxy server. (Don't worry, phase 2 gets me onto ISA2004, and then we'll get
our own back...)

Anyway, I know when installing ISA2000 one can chose between Integrated mode
and Basic mode. Obviously I am in an Integrated setup right now, with a dual
homed server.

My question is this, if I am simply to move my ISA server from the perimeter
to the internal network, do I need to make any changes to the "firewall"
component thereof? As I have it, no requests will be received from
"external" that will require firewalling or server publishing, so in essence
can I just move my ISA, and change it's default gateway to now point to the
temporary firewall solution?

I plan to do the following:
1. Disable the current "external" interface of ISA, or failing that, simply
disable all the firewall rules.
2. Disable FW Client on all workstations

And in theory, I'm hoping this will work...

Thanks
William R.

Everything in this e-mail and attachments relating to the official
business of Columbus Stainless is proprietary to the company. It is
confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Columbus
Stainless does not own and endorse any other content. Views and
opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that
of Columbus Stainless. The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole
authorised recipient.  Please notify the sender immediately if it has
unintentionally reached you and do not read, disclose or use the
content in any way. Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure
the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted
electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no
liability or responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or
data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended
destination.