RE: Connection to https site not using port 443

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:47:38 +0100

Hi Alberto,

check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q283284

Regards,
Stefaan

-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto Boczar [mailto:aboczar@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: maandag 18 februari 2002 15:35
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Connection to https site not using port 443

http://www.ISAserver.org

Our users need to connect to a web site publishing https in port 1213:

https://marketplace.superbuy.com.br:1213/index.jsp

The ISA web proxy log shows error 12204. The only reference I found in
Technet is Q184028 - 12204 SSL Port Specified Is Not Allowed.

This Q article is about Proxy Server but I assume ISA Server behaves the
same way, and connection requests for Web sites containing a port number in
the URL for ports other then 443 will fail.

This article also describes a registry key for Proxy Server with the allowed
SSL Ports. Is there a way to allow 1213 port for SSL in ISA Server?

Any other idea? Other than telling my users to forget about this web site?

Thanks

Alberto Boczar
att/PS Informática S.A.
Brazil