Configuring ISA to allow Checkpoint client packet pass thru

  • From: "adminone" <adminone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:24:44 -0700

Hi All,
I am running a Checkpoint client behind ISA. I am unsuccessful to connect
to the corporate office using Checkpoint client. The machine running
Checkpoint is a firewall client. So I created new Protocol Definitions:
UDP 500, 4500, 1701, and some other UDP and TCP higher ports. I checked
the Checkpoint knowledge base and opened several ports but I still get the
error "communication with site failed" So I used a NAT client instead of
firewall client to access the corporate office. I created several packet
filters so I got authenticated to the site; however I was unable to ping
or access any server in the corporate office. The Checkpoint diagnostic
screen shows dropped packets: 137, 138. But opening these packets did not
help. Anyone out there running the same setup?

Thanks!
Sam