Cisco VPN through ISA

  • From: "David Elmquist \( Subcore \)" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:46:50 +0100

[isalist] SBS 2000 + ISA serverHi

Considering the amount of post regarding VPN through ISA, I thought
that I would share my recent experience with the subject.

I needed to configure an ESP tunnel from an outside router, to another
router situated on a ISA DMZ. I configured standard packetfilters for UDP500
en IP protocol type 50. This didn`t work. What actually DID work, was enabling
PPTP though ISA server ! I always thought PPTP was type 47 ?
The tunnels went up and everything was fine. I should mention that ISA was
patched
to SP1, even though the release notes does not mention this issue.

Regards,

David Elmquist