RE: Cisco SSL VPN client

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:38:37 -0400

I do recall running into a version like that not too long ago.  Couldn't
make it work quite right because of what Jim mentioned, it installed
itself as an LSP, and the FWC was battling it out, and wouldn't allow
the VPN client to connect quite right.

It would connect, but it wouldn't redirect everything.  I.e. the
destination server was on a different subnet than the VPN server, and it
couldn't reach it.  Since I could reach servers on the VPN server
subnet, it appeared that the VPN client wasn't redirecting all the
traffic like it was supposed to, it was treating it as an additional
subnet for the local computer, that was all.  I considered setting up
the workstation for routing, to redirect traffic appropriately, but they
wouldn't give me any details about their network...

I seem to remember posting about it on this mailing list, and Jim
informed me about the dueling LSP problem.  If I remember right, it's
basically whatever LSP gets installed first that has first dibs.  Since
we didn't want to totally ruin that workstation just to get one program
running I worked around it.  I uninstalled the client, figured out the
protocols/ports the program needed to use, and created a specific set of
rules.

Sorry, that is probably not a heck of a lot of help...

No free "hamburger" for me!