Can't download from Internet

  • From: "Michael Lippman" <Michael.Lippman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:10:34 -0600

OK everyone here is my question.  I am experiencing problems when
downloading files from the Internet.  It seems that pdf files have no
problem.  I think I have narrowed the issue to downloading files with a
*.exe extension.  HP,EPSON, and many others will not download.  I get a
page cannot be displayed.  Yesterday I was download a patch for a Borland
database engine and got the same message.  I noticed that the redirected
address was to an ftp site. I typed in the ftp information and was able to
download the file.

I am thinking then the problem is with how my browser is interpreting the
request.  I have looked at application filters but didn's seen anything
that jumped out at me. We are able to download some files just not from
certain sites.  I am confident that FTP is working fine.

ANY IDEAS would be appreciated.

MRL